Parent Governor Letter
We currently have a vacancy for a parent governor at Charter Primary School.
- Do you have at least one child in school and would like to commit to the role for at least two years?
- Do you think you could represent the parents/school on a governing body?
- Do you think you could bring ANY ONE OF THESE particular skills to the governing body?
- Do you work with money?
- Do you have the particular skills to help appoint new staff members?
- Are you really interested or have knowledge of teaching and learning?
- Are you interested in the curriculum or the assessment of children?
- What about Health and Safety? Do you have skills or interests?
- Do you have any links or are already working within the local community?
- Is there anything else to do with school that particularly interests you?
- All of these skills/interests and more are needed on our governing body.
If the answer is YES to any of these questions, then why not think of becoming a parent governor?
The term commitment requires your attendance at up to 2 meetings (about 2 hours each) every term. Time will also be required to meet other governors & staff prior to the governing body meeting to formulate the area paperwork. Also, you would be asked to focus on one particular area of the running of the school – BUT our senior staff would help you to do that!
You will have a major input in the way the school is run and the way it develops in the future!
If you think all of that is potentially exciting, then why not apply? Ask the school office for a nomination form either by coming into school, giving them a ring or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Not sure but would like to find out more? Please telephone Mrs Veasey; Clerk to the Governors, on 02476 466391 who can arrange a meeting with a serving governor who can give you more of an insight into what is involved.
Nomination forms are available from the office and must be returned to the school no later than 9.30 am on Tuesday 8th May 2018. Should only one nomination be received by the official closing date, the candidate will be duly elected unopposed. In the event of there being two or more nominations an election will take place between Tuesday 8th May and Monday 14th May 2018. Information on voting arrangements will be sent to you at a later date.
The successful candidate will be invited to attend the Governing Body meeting on 15th May 2018.
Any parent seeking to be elected as a parent Governor should be willing to undertake a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If a parent refuses to undertake such a disclosure then they will be ineligible to stand for election to the governing body.
Mrs L Taylor