July - Newsletter
Dear Parents /Carers,
This week we have been thinking about preparing for the new school year and all the children have spent a day with their new class teacher. It was lovely to see all the children settle so quickly and I hope they are feeling confident about moving on.
Attached to this newsletter is a staffing / class list for next year. You will notice the following changes :
- We are joined by Mr Gaffar, Miss Chandley, Mr Oakes, Miss McDonald, Mrs Vaines and Miss Saunders who are new members of our teaching team. They were all in school on transition day and have met the children in their class.
- We also have some new members of our support team – Miss Donnelly, Miss Donoghue, Mrs Smith, Miss Burton, Miss Frogett and Mrs Wileman.
- Mrs Jenny McClean has been appointed as our new Deputy Head. Mrs McClean is currently deputy Headteacher in a smaller school within the city. We are looking forward to welcoming her.
- Miss Baker, Mr Pollert Smith, Mr Williams and Mrs Sloan are moving on to new posts
- Mrs Rashid is leaving to have a baby
- Miss Williams is getting married in the holidays and will return as Mrs Waite
- Mrs Kenyon is retiring after many years’ service to our school
It has been another very successful year from the PTA; holding many different events which raise money to support our children and activities around the school. We have had discos, the Christmas Fair, non-uniform days and of course the Summer Fete. This year we have been able to fund coaches for trips such as Twycross Zoo, Think Tank and the British Museum as well as making a substantial contribution towards the purchase of the new mini buses and we are also in the process of buying fantastic new playground equipment for each phase.
The Summer Fete this year was a huge success and it was wonderful to see so many of Wyken Croft’s friends and families there as well as members of the community. It is a wonderful opportunity to come together; have some fun and raise some money! This year we raised a staggering £3,350, which is just incredible, and we are very fortunate to have the first thousand of this total matched by Barclays bringing the total to £4,350! Thank you to Barclays and a massive thank you to all the friends and families of Wyken Croft for supporting these events! Next year we plan to do even more so watch out for the PTA calendar of events which will come out in September!
From the school office
A watch has been handed into the school office by one of our families. If you have lost a watch, please call in to collect it.
Can we please remind all parents that the school car park is for staff parking unless you have a Blue Badge or have been given permission and have a parking pass. The safety of our children is our prime focus and there is a lot of foot traffic in and around school entrance in the morning and at the end of the day. We understand that parking around the school site is difficult but cars accessing the car park at these times create a danger to your children which we would like to avoid.
Please do not block the entrance and exit as these are not a `drop off zone’. We also ask that parents do not tailgate into the car park and try and understand that the office staff have been instructed to prevent parking and your patience and understanding is appreciated.
Smoke Free Gates
Please can I remind you that we are a ‘Smoke free gates’ school alongside the rest of the schools in the city. Under no circumstances should people be smoking close to the school gates. Unfortunately we are receiving an increasing number of complaints about this.
All teacher days for the next academic year have been approved by Governors and the following days are teacher days and school will be closed to pupils:
Monday 3rd September 2018
Tues 4th September 2018
Mon 29th October 2018
Mon 25th February 2019
Mon 22nd July 2019
Enjoy your weekend ,